If you would like to report animal abuse or neglect in Passaic County, New Jersey, contact the Passaic County SPCA by calling our hotline, (973) 773-0459. All calls will be kept confidential.
If you are located outside of Passaic County, please contact the NJ State SPCA or your local county SPCA branch.
NOTE: If you believe your complaint to be an emergency (i.e. Dog locked in a hot car), please contact your local police department first. In addition to contacting the local police, please call PCSPCA so that we may also respond and take appropriate action.
When making a report:
Do your best to provide as much information as possible to assist our investigators. The more information you can provide on the phone, the faster and more thorough our response will be. Some things you should try to get:
- Address/Location/Town of the abuse/neglect violation, and describe the building or area if possible.
- The name of the offender, if known.
- What exactly happened? Did you witness the abuse/neglect?
- What type of animal is involved? Can you describe its appearance?
- Are there any other details that could help our investigators?
- Your name and phone number, so we can contact you if more information is needed
While we don’t discourage anyone from calling with less information, it’s always a good idea to give us as much as possible.